Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend


What are your plans this weekend?  I plan on making this.  Rutabagas where have you been my WHOLE life? I feel a little jilted, I must say. They are that good. Last month, I was able to eat here, where I had them for the first time.  Lovely.  I steamed some a couple weeks ago, and honestly, that is ALL you have to do.  We  have tickets to this Saturday Night.  Thanks Haile(sister-in-law).  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's what we won't be wearing from New York's Fall Fashion Week.


 I think I am pretty in the "KNOW", but I didn't KNOW about this publication until very recently.

That Union Jack reminds me of the fabulous pillows that just arrived at my store, from the U.K.



 

                            Have a great President's Day Weekend! Nan














2 comments:

  1. ah, the rutabaga. Do you remember Geri's rutabagas? so simple and perfect! boil them til done then sprinkle with salt and thyme. perfection! she would bring them to work in a big yogurt tub and dump her slaw and a can of tuna of tuna on top. i still prefer to eat them out of a plastic yogurt container. weird huh. try the tuna and slaw bit. it's super yummy. and freak show healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get them here ! Or parsnips, with which I fell in love when Lilly was little. How about Salsify? I used to get them in my once-a-week organic box in Germany, which was fun. Like a box of chocolates, you never knew what you were going to get...

    ReplyDelete