Tuesday, April 12, 2011

They say it's your birthday...




TODAY you are YOU, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is YOUer than YOU! Happy Birthday Sweet, old SISTAH!   Every time I hear this song, I turn it UP and do some seriously bad dancing and mortify my children, which they secretly love!  I also think of my SISTAH Ivey.  She loves this song too. Have you read her blog?  You should. Here.  She is a great sister, albeit, she lives too far away sister... I have learned some good pearls of wisdom from her like, "Never let a boy come between you and a friend."We have a five year age gap between us, so growing up, we were more parallel, and I was probably more annoying, than anything else.  She played at me, more than with me.  For example, I remember vividly knocking on her locked door, as she had two friends over(Polly and Laura).  I knocked. I pleaded, annoyingly, I'm sure.  I knocked. I laid on the floor looking under her door.  I knocked. I begged. I knocked.  Get the picture- Annoying!  Anyway, she eventually opened the door, with a very pleasant demeanor...I should have ran away.  Sucker.  "Come on in," said the wolf in the sheep's clothing.  We are going to make you look like a grown up WOMAN!"  "Excellent, " I thought... Well, what does that entail you ask?  Well, it required scissors, nudity, and good ol' scotch tape.  The scissors were used to cut some of my hair (I'm a red head, they were not and yes, that is important to this story).  So, they cut some of my hair, and that was not the first time she has cut my hair, and proceeded to scotch tape it to my tu-tu, my eight year old tu-tu. Then they got my mom's bra, pointy bra, and stuffed it with toilet paper and declared that I was NOW a WOMAN! I think I danced around, kinda of like Lady Marmalade. Then, I bolted, out the door, to go show Mom and Dad my NEW and INSTANT Womanhood.  I remember my folks laughing and Ivey and her posse not really getting in TOO much trouble... Anyway, it was one of many character building experiences for me, which might have been her intention! Yeah, Right.  Anyway, I am a better human because of her and I am honored to be her SOUL SISTAH!  Live large and in charge IVEY! I think I got that saying from you too. I love you. XOXO, Nan

1 comment:

  1. oh dear. now everyone will know for sure that i've always had a devious mind!

    thank you my love! i miss you and need a nan fix for sure! can't wait till jaxson.

    hugs to everyone!

    love love love!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete