Saturday, September 18, 2010

I often get stopped out and about the Ville...


I often get stopped out and about the Ville, and folks tell me how much they enjoy my blog.  I humbly say, "Thank you."  Then they say, "You are such a good writer."  Then I double humbly say, "Thank you."  Then I ask them if they have ever read my sister's blog?  Albeit, I am an O.K. writer, my sister is a natural and a great writer!    Yesterday, she wrote a darling post and well, you just have to read it.  Della is my niece.  Della is persistent.  Della does what Della wants to do!  When she was living here, she was three.  If she got mad, she could throw a fit like no other.  Remember Flash Dance? Remember the scene, where the main girl is dancing in place, with earnest determination and purpose?  O.K., now imagine Della doing the exact same thing, but screaming and crying her little red head off.  Ivey and I would start singing the theme song:

 She's a MANIAC, MANIAC at your door
And she's dancing like she never danced before
She's a MANIAC, MANIAC at your door
And she's dancing like she never danced before

Well, needless to say, we would be howlin' with laughter, which would really PISS her off.  She would be SO MAD and SO RED. If she could have spontaneously combusted, she would have.  If she could have made us spontaneously combust, she would have.  Eventually, we would stop, realizing that we were on the borderline of cruel and unusual punishment.  She had won fair and square- The BATTLE of the WILLS. So, this is Della.  When she is good- she is very, very good. When she is Bad- she is HORRID!  I love her dearly for all of that.  Here is another link to my sister's blog, The Patton House and you will see... She is good- she is very, very good.  Just don't forget about mediocre me, Nan

2 comments: