Friday, May 7, 2010

T.G.I.F.



                                               
  
  I don't know why I find this so funny, but I do.  Go here to see
the whole series of what Storm Troppers do on their day off?

                               

       


This is THE shoe for my Moment.  Yes, after an hour I will
be barefoot, with my newly pedicured toes.


T.G.I.F.  I am not feeling that.  It is more like O.S.I.F., ( OH, SNAP IT'S FRIDAY)!@#$!!   Yes, I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and it is not my style, so I am a little frazzled.   A lot is going on this weekend. The store is especially busy with Mother's Day and Graduation.  I have to work a couple more hours in the morning, before we dash off to our neighbor's wedding at the beach. Her favorite beverage is Champagne and her father is French and a retired chef, so we will be drinking and eating very well.  If you haven't realized, I like to eat and drink, so I am excited.  I am ready for a little "moment", a pretty wedding, by a pretty pool, with the pretty ocean, with pretty food, sipping some yummy Champagne with pretty people.  I would like to have a pretty moment myself, a little Sarah Jessica Parker, ala Carrie  moment.  A moment, where if I was walking the streets of Soho, Scott Schuman might pause, not actually take my picture,  but just pause for a moment...that's all. Well, let me tell ya that isn't easy.  Who knew it was so much work to look natural; I have been working on looking natural for two weeks.  I have come to the conclusion, that it is not NATURAL to look this "NATURAL."  I have plucked, polished,whitened, exfoliated, exercised,lathered, slathered, and shaved my legs, where no Nan has shaved before, and never will again.  Crazy.  I even had a pedicure this morning, my third EVER.  It took over an hour, who has time for all that?  They look good, but GOOD GRIEF.  Anyway I am looking forward to a moment and a rare night away from the boys, but alot has to happen in between now and that moment, so have a great weekend, Nan

P.S.  Remember to fill up the blue bags for the Postman and the Food Drive tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. darling!!!....
    natural is EASY! no shaving or plucking involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K., Natural in a good way, not a scary way. I'll pluck you when you get here, don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete