Thursday, May 6, 2010

Improvising





Begrudgingly, the boys left me some SO that


I could make this!  The cobbler turned out great, the final photo of it, did not.  You get the picture- GOOD, very GOOD!


The bread was covered in fresh garlic, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.  Somebody had to sample it and that Somebody was ME.  In order to sample properly, I HAD to open a bottle of vino...



This is the spicy shrimp and you use the bread to SOP UP the yummy broth.

My later part of my day went like this.  I took the boys to choir  ( the last one for the school year), which means my last opportunity to work out  in the afternoon.  I called Himself, before I left, to confirm Mexican at Coyoacan; I made the fatal mistake of mentioning Cinco de Mayo.  Well, that killed it dead in the water.  Himself could not think of a worse time to go...Blah, Blah, Blah.  I replied, "Well, I'm going to work out.  We will have to figure it when I get home."  When I got home Himself had picked Dewberries (early, wild blackberries) at his warehouse.  They were insanely beautiful.  Himself had gotten a dough ball from our restaurant, and picked up two pounds of shrimp at  the seafood market.  Basically, Himself had come through, in a very impressive, improvisational way.  Himself then needed to go back to the restaurant, because they were shorted-handed and would return the minute there was a loll.  Himself quickly went and got the boys from choir and dropped them off.  I got busy. Himself and I enjoyed a relatively effortless meal.  Needless to say, I should have ran ten miles instead of two.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment