Friday, January 1, 2010

Gracias Amigos

Gracias everyone for the kind words about the lost of our dog, Jack. He had been in kidney failure for the last couple of weeks, which for us meant getting up a couple times a night to let him out. He slept in our old hallway, (hardwood floors), so we also had to listen to his pacing up and down trying to get comfortable. Needless to say, our house was awful quiet last night, and his absence was very present. Here is the funny thing. I had asked HIMSELF to go and get some crickets for the frogs that also live in our hallway. We were officially out and the ones we had gotten for Christmas, must have been on the way out, because they never made a sound. After HIMSELF bought the crickets, we left for the beach. I swear I probably laid my head down last night for about two minutes before the crickets started to serenade. REALLY? I mean REALLY! I don't know why I found it so humorous...It couldn't have been all of the bubbly, but I did. I just couldn't stop giggling. HIMSELF was not as amused as I was. Nor was he as bubbly as I was. After about ten minutes, I was no longer amused, so I got up and confined the confounding crickets to the laundry room. I was appreciative of the laughter and the noise though. It was like a sign from GOD to me. He had turned a very somber moment into a very funny one. I was able to go to sleep peacefully and at peace. The bubbly didn't hurt either. Happy New Year Everyone and Gracias for reading, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment