Monday, October 12, 2009

Economics 101





Somewhere in my middle school career my economics's teacher emblazoned in my brain the difference between  a "want" and a "need". I'm still resentful about it.  I kind of  "need" a pair of black shoes.  I  "want" these black shoes.  Aren't they chic and fabulous looking.  The review was that they were "insanely beautiful" and "insanely uncomfortable".  If I were insanely young and insanely rich, I wouldn't have cared, but since I am on the cusp of officially old and poor, I do.  The complaint/review went on to say that it had zero arch support and that her lower back was killing her by the end of the day. They are so pretty though... Also, I didn't "want" to pay the insanely  high price tag. What is an almost old woman  to do?  Well, you guessed it.  She(me) buys shoe # TWO.  Boo, Hooo, Hooo, and POO on Mr. Grooms, my economics's teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment