Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Love



My first entry ever was about a tomato that cost $4.64.  It still haunts me.  Today I experienced summer love  out of my own garden.  There is nothing better on a summer day than a tomato sandwich.  Nothing.  Just look at this beautiful big ol' boy! LOVE at first bite.  All you need is two slices of bread, a generous smear of mayo, a sprinkle of kosher salt, a grind of pepper, and a splash of red wine vinegar.  Divine tomato. Look at these wonderful little cherry tomatoes, that came up as volunteers from last summer, all twenty nine of them.  I eat these like candy or treat them like a healthy "bloody mary".  For that you need a little bowl of vodka, cherry tomatoes, and a bowl of Jane's crazy salt.  Get a toothpick, dip your cherry tomato in the vodka, and then dip it in the crazy salt, and pop it in your mouth. Crazy good, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment