Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pixie Dust and Love Actually



Last night my son lost his second tooth. I, again, got the pleasure of pulling it out. Yes, I really enjoy pulling teeth and I am quite good at it too. My method of choice is dental floss, minty. Anyway, I had put them to bed and had sat down to my computer, when my son appeared and asked if he could write a note to the Tooth Fairy for some Pixie Dust. I thought for a nanosecond, realizing that there was not a speck of glitter in my house, and replied, "No, just go to BED." A moment later he appeared, "How do you spell -SOME?" Alright, lame ass mother of the year. Get your ass up and go compose a note to the Tooth Fairy with your cute son...Then go make some Pixie Dust HAPPEN. So I found some curling ribbon and divided into thirds and started cutting. I realized that our hole punch is heart shaped and starting punching. I heart punched our coffee bag because it was gold on the outside and silver on the other side. The new J.Crew was quite handy too- beautiful shades of red on both sides. I even used the glassine envelope from the Post Office and broke out the magic markers. I sprinkled it in his hair and bed. I put the rest in his little ziplock bag with his dollar bill. No, I don't believe in crazy amounts of money from the Tooth Fairy. Yes, I do believe in Pixie Dust and Love. Love is all you need.

1 comment: