Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Love at first sight



Love at first sight and the boy ain't bad either. My friend posted a link to this local talent that literally took my breathe away. His vessels are gorgeous. I majored in sculpture and to make wood do this is a trick. You should see the bedside table I made from a rough piece of cherry. Imagine four cherry legs, that look like wooden baseball bats from the Stone Age,with a top maybe an inch thick. Pathetic really, but it represents an amazing experience, that I had at Penland School of Crafts. As well as the realization, that furniture making was not my thing. It was way too much math and way too much work using way too many expensive machines, that I could never afford. I think I am going to have to take my boys down to see this guy. I think that a kayak hung down my hall would be great looking... Dreamy on all accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment