Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shooting and then some




After the harsh realization that Nate the Great, a.k.a Nate Berkus is never coming to my house.   Nor is Peter Walsh (professional organizer) for that matter.  Even my cleaning lady isn't coming...She "quit me" earlier this summer.  So I have had to take matters into my own hands.  I am thinking about becoming a minimalist .  I am seriously sick of all the crap.  My husband left this past Thursday at 6:00 a.m to go walk his gun in search of the elusive elk for a week.  By 7:45 am the paint swatches came out and were taped to the wall as I sipped my morning java.  By 8:05 am, I called Sampson's and Ashley answered.  Ahhh, Ashley.  He is every married woman's little fantasy.  Muscles, Dirty blond hair, and he knows his paint.  "Whatever you say Ashley...that sounds great.  See you in a few."  By 8:38, paint loaded by Ashley, my heart beating a little faster,and my cheeks a little redder, I was home.  Floral White.  Here we go.  Good-bye Weston Flax.  It has been great knowing you.  You have warmed my rooms up in a couple of houses, but I am just ready for a new clean look.  A "look" that has to be done in one week, so that my husband doesn't shoot me... I am shooting for three rooms.  Stay tuned, Nan

P.S.  Picture of lollipop from Valentine's Day that was up on a shelf...almost permanently attached to my charming little R.WOOD saucer. This was found mid summer.  No wonder my cleaning lady "Quit" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment