Friday, May 29, 2009


"My heart leaps up when I behold a RAINBOW in the SKY." William Wordsworth

I was so happy when I came across this image again today. I was randomly searching blogs that I have never perused before.   A friend had posted it many moons ago, and I had even printed it, but the Lord only knows where it is now, probably folded in a book!   At the time, it inspired me to organize my children's bookcase in rainbow order, but like all good rainbows it was to be a temporary illusion.  However, this picture has been forever in my mind and actually inspired my latest house project.  We just completed building beautiful heart pine bookcases, which I promise to show you at a later post.  The bookcases are literally and figuratively  a blank canvas,  and I find it ironic that I ran across this picture again to give me a gentle nudge and to inspire me.
I love books.  I love that it takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.  I love the smell of rain rising off of the hot, steamy  south georgia asphalt  and  then seeing a glorious rainbow.  Crazy good. So naturally, I love this photo.  
Enjoy, Nan 

No comments:

Post a Comment