Saturday, May 30, 2009

Your Freaky Fan


I was leaving to go to work this morning and got into my wagon and started backing up, and I spotted Freddie walking down the street...Well I paused for a second because I was running late, but he was looking especially dapper today, so I whipped back in.  My husband knows me well, as he too had spotted Freddie and he met me at the door with the camera, and said "Just don't freak out Freddie, O.K?"  
"I'm not," I replied a little wounded, as I bounded back down the front porch stairs.  What could possibly be "freaky" about a red-head, pulling up in her VW station wagon out of the clear blue, and asking you if she could take your picture because she thinks you look snappy. ???
O.K.- You might have a valid point.  So I approached him a little more calmly, not really but I tried.  I asked him if I could take his picture again, because he was looking extra "spiffy".  Yeah, I used that word "spiffy".   Why are husbands sometimes right?  Why is my husband usually right?  Damn.
 Anyway,  without trying to be too "freaky" I learned that he was going to a funeral (sorry), that he is sixty-five and his birthday was on Valentine's Day.  Doesn't he look fabulous though?
So I apologize for being your "freaky" fan Freddie, but I am completely harmless. I will retire the word "spiffy" from my vocabulary too.  adieu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment