Saturday, November 28, 2009

Star Wars vs. Eiffel






I'm looking for some feedback people...Here is my question.  My boys have asked Santa for Star Wars Legos- MORE Star Wars Legos, because we have a plenty!  Would they be mortified, scarred, and emotionally wronged, if Santa brought them the Lego Eiffel Tower instead?   I'm thinking worldy instead of out of this world, and since my fine custom,bookcases have now become the Star Wars landing zone...Well, I much rather look at the Eiffel Tower.  Please don't get me wrong, I  heart Star Wars, but they asked Santa for the expensive sets, thinking they are doing me a favor.  It is hard to spend over $100 bucks ... really hard to spend over a $100 bucks on Legos.  So, if I am spending over a $100 bucks, then I would much rather spend it on the Lego Eiffel Tower.  Hell, I'll help them make the Eiffel Tower all day long.  Star Wars not so much.   I use to think the Eiffel Tower was SO CLICHE,(Eat more Crow), and then I saw it!  I couldn't stop looking at it.  I only took a thousand pictures of it.  I HEART THE EIFFEL TOWER.  Alright, already.   I know the answer, I just had to vent a little.  However, I do think Darth Vader and Luke could have a very effective battle scene on the Eiffel Tower...Oh Snap, who am I kidding? 

P.S. The picture of the Eiffel Tower was taken by my FB friend Carolyn.  Yes, I stole it off her page. The Yoda Mouse, along with Emperor Mouse, are handmade by a very clever artist in the Netherlands I believe.  They were a huge hit in my boy's stockings last year.  An Ewok and Chewbacca Mouse are on their way to add to their collection.    It's all relative right!?

3 comments:

  1. I was glad to read that you already knew the answer, although I'm thinking they already have enough, so unless they're going to be collectibles, get the boys something less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had NO IDEA Legos were that expenisive. They're still made of plastic, right? Space plasitc? Solid gold plastic, with platinum flecks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Hubby the Eiffel Tower Set....

    ReplyDelete